PC 185 Wearing Mask or Disguise
It shall be unlawful for any person to wear any mask, false whiskers, or any personal disguise (whether compete or partial) for the purpose of.
One: Evading or escaping discovery, recognition, or identification in he commission of any public offense.
Two: Concealment, flight, or escape when charged with, arrested for, or convicted of, any public offense.
Any person violating any of the provisions of this section shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor.
Can I go to jail for violating PC 185 by wearing a mask or disguise?
The punishment for this offense is as long as 180 days in county jail and/or probation.
What are the elements of a violating of PC 185?
1. The defendant wore a mask, false whiskers, or any personal disguise.
2. The defendant evaded or escaped discovery, recognition, or identification.
3. The defendant was in the commission of a public offense.
2. The defendant's use of mask, false whiskers, or any person disguise was used for the purposes of concealment, fight, or escape.
3. The defendant was charged with, arrested for, or convicted of a public offense. (PC 185)